You know where your car needs to go, now find out what you need to do before it ships.
Here is a general list of things to be completed before shipping your car. Since each move is unique, there may be other items you want to add to this list.
1. Obtain copies of insurance policies and all other agreements or promises in writing in order to avoid misunderstandings later.
2. Check the insurance plan offered for your package as the companies cover up damages only up to a certain amount of money.
You might want to consider a supplementary insurance coverage for a particular vehicle shipment. This might be especially true if you are transporting a valuable classic, vintage race car, exotic, antique or other specialty vehicle.
3. Ask for a copy of transporters insurance coverage, and find out whether their insurance is primary or secondary to your own car insurance. Any licensed and authorized transporter will have insurance that would theft while your car is in possession of the auto shipping company.
4. The shipping company will complete an exhausting inspection of the car and a bill of lading will be signed by you.
5. Get the phone number of the driver who will pick up the vehicle.